Fort Bliss Campgrounds
Hueco Tanks State Park
Hueco Tanks State Park is located in El Paso about 35 miles to Fort Bliss. You may reach them by phone at 915-857-1135 and their address is 6900 Hueco Tanks Road No 1, El Paso, TX 79938. RV sites are available. To visit them at their website at Click Here.
A unique legacy of lively and fantastic rock paintings greets the visitor at the "tanks." From Archaic hunters and foragers of thousands of years ago to relatively recent Mescalero Apaches, Native Americans have drawn strange mythological designs and human and animal figures on the rocks of the area. The site's notable pictographs also include more than 200 face designs or "masks" left by the prehistoric Jornada Mogollon culture. Hueco Tanks was the site of the last Indian battle in the county. Apaches, Kiowas, and earlier Indian groups camped here and left behind pictographs telling of their adventures. These tanks served as watering places for the Butterfield Overland Mail Route.
Fort Bliss Quick Links
Fort Bliss Resources
City Storage is a brand new self storage facility offering Climate Controlled units as well as traditional drive up units, RV/auto Parking, boxes and moving supplies. We are a licensed Uhaul dealer conveniently located at the intersection of Ra...
- 11/18 - Why Carrying Less May Equal More
- 11/12 - Obama Honors Civil War Hero with Meda...
- 11/04 - Last Army Draftee Retires
- 10/28 - Soldiers Win and Show in Marine Marathon
- 10/20 - Fury premier honors WWII vets
- 10/14 - Army Deploying Against Ebola
- 10/07 - Army Takes Chairmanís Cup in Warrior ...
- 09/30 - 20th CBRNE Command Units Train Worldwide
- 09/23 - Army EOD Squad Wins Bomb Competition
- 09/16 - Army Soldier Rescues Woman from Drown...